Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011

Christmas is here; a day to spend with those you love; a day to create more memories and share laughs together; a day to enjoy the little things in life that often times get forgotten or are taken for granted. A day to remember why we are here and how lucky we all are to be alive--to live, laugh, and love.

Remember those who are serving our country, take a moment to thank them for their sacrifices, to realize that while we sit in the comfort of our homes with our significant others and/or our children that there are men and women thousands of miles from home, away from their wives and children, their parents and siblings. While we all sit and feast and share gifts and conversations the troops away from home can only send a video or talk over the internet or a phone call. They cannot see the delight in their children's eyes as they open up their favorite toy, or the tears of another missing them...they cannot hug their parents or their families. Think of those families who have a loved one in Iraq, or Afghanistan and imagine that lonely place at the table, the inability to share a child's glee, or a simple kiss under the mistletoe...remember!

Merry Christmas to everyone who may read this blog! Merry Christmas to my father who is watching over my family and is very missed by us all. Merry Christmas to wonderful friends and family who have been by my side through thick and thin. And mostly, Merry Christmas to my husband and my children...those who have never wavered in their love and support..those who have loved me despite my flaws and short-comings. I couldn't be happier than I am at this moment..I am so very blessed to have who and what I have in this life. Love, life, breath, and happiness....there is no gift greater than that!

Merry Christmas and may you all enjoy this holiday season as much as we will!!!!

No comments: