Saturday, October 01, 2011

Happy Anniversary P

I would spend the next couple hours gushing and writing endlessly about the man I love but I have a date to go fishing with him and our son.
'
Today is our 23rd Anniversary....23 years of kids, laughs, tears, hugs and kisses, changing careers, hand holding, angry stares, tears of rage, dumb antics, finding ways to spend as much time as we can together, outings with the kids, vacations for just the two of us, family vacations full of memories, watching kids grow and turn into young adults, the birth of our first grandchild and the death of one of our parents....heartache, triumph, shock and awe, learning and lessons....just so much....

Our walls have collages of photos of our family all over the house.....when we play darts on the weekends we never hesitate to stop mid game more than once to look at these same photos and remember a moment that we didn't speak of the week before....the life we have together lives in those photos....we stand next to each other my head on his shoulder and have our own thoughts running through our heads as we stare...

Our life is precious, our love is strong and stubborn, our kids are awesome, our grandbaby is amazing, all our dumb animals that drive us crazier than the kids at times......all the problems we face we face together and help each other make sense or to deal...

It is time I quit this...I have a date...to go fishing...if I am not ready when P gets back he is going to give me lots of grief.


I love you P and look so very forward to creating new memories with you every day for the rest of my life.....thank you for the wonderful life you have given to me...Happy Anniversary!!!!!

No comments: