Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering

Ten years already...and my stomach is a mess and my eyes still sting on this day every year. All those images of yesterday embedded in our heads, that shock and fear lingers, and the destruction the attack of the terrorists on September 11, 2001 continues to haunt this country.

All over the television you can find tribute shows; facebook is littered with posts remembering; I would bet blogs are full of tributes and sadness.....one post I particularly appreciate that I found on Facebook says something along the lines of:

Ask me what I was doing 10 days ago and I couldn't tell you but ask me what I was doing ten years ago on this day and the memory is as clear as is all the emotion that washes over many if not all of us.

My post is late in the day but I do hope we can all find the time to remember all those fallen, all those families who lost, all those who worked for hours upon hours to find those still alive in the devastation, all those military men and women who are still sacrificing and fighting, and most importantly, take a moment and hug those you love and remind yourself that today is a gift...there is no telling what will happen tomorrow.

God Bless the U.S.A.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: