Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day P!

Today we are going to our daughter's house for a BBQ and P and the kids will be playing their once traditional round(s) of hackey sack. We used to head to the park every Father's Day -- I would BBQ while P spent the day with his kids messing around. Once our kids grew up, with the stress of many things in the last few years and busy schedules, our tradition kind of lost it's momentum! Not this year though....we're all making it up to him threefold--at least I hope.

Last night him and I got all dressed up and went out for a very nice relaxing dinner, walked around by the river afterwards, came home and well...both of us were so exhausted that we ended up falling asleep to a movie. But he thanked me over and over for a very nice night out--it was supposed to be a surprise but of course the guy just cannot stand surprises and worked out the puzzle....I was sad.

It feels good to be getting our family together for the day and doing something that we all used to really enjoy together. It's been a long time and a lot of stress over many things--especially over the last nine months. It's been eating us all up. But not today--today is his day and a day for the kids to enjoy him and appreciate him.

Here's a tribute to my hubby, the father of my children, the love of my life! I didn't know then what I know today--how deeply you would impact me--how deeply I would fall in love with you. Our children are so lucky to have you, a man who would do anything for them, who teaches them and loves them more than they know! You are one hell of a man P--both a father and a husband! Happy Father's Day to you--you will never know the depths of my love for you.

And to my father who I cannot call or see on his special day--only think about and write about with no real satisfaction that he's getting my message. But I will continue to write to him and think of him and remember on this day that I too was blessed with a very special father. A man who loved deeply and who worked hard for his family. A man who found the time to teach and crack jokes with me--a man who's laugh still rings in my ears today......Happy Father's Day Dad! I love you with all that I am!

No comments: