Thursday, October 01, 2009

Happy Anniversary Patrick

Today marks 21 years of marriage to my man. Wow, what a great ride it's been all these years. The ups, the downs, the laughs, the tears...every last one of the emotions that come with growing old with the man I love!

Seems so long ago that we walked down that aisle to make this life long commitment to each other. We were young and so in love, no one ever thought we would survive, they chalked up our decision to marry as young and in love and dumb. How very wrong they were, how very blind they were to the strength and the bond that Patrick and I shared then and still do even today.

Love is a wonderful feeling, a wonderful way to wake up in the morning. It hasn't always been easy sailing, times when one or the other just wants to throw in the towel and walk away....marriage is too underrated these days. People cannot seem to stick it out and work out their issues and that alone is very sad.

I watched my parents struggle through 50+ years of marriage and it was not an easy time of it for them either..but they stuck it out, they hung on, they woke each morning and went on with their day. They taught me marriage is work, marriage is worth all the blood, sweat, and tears. Loving another so deeply...oh man, I just cannot begin to say how very glad I am to love this much and this deeply...

I can only say to you Patrick....Happy Anniversary and thank you for being there for me through so very much all these years!!!!

No comments: