Sunday, May 10, 2009

Another Mom's Day, just another day

Usually I get woken up to a hot breakfast in bed for Mom's Day....not this year though. And you know what? It was actually kind of a nice change. Although...LOL Seriously, no one is home except for GD #2. Our oldest doesn't live here anymore but will be over later, our other two are at their friends houses for a birthday party and church. So it's a quiet morning and a first in all the years that I've been a mom. Frankly, it's a great way for me to wake up on Mom's Day simply because it makes me realize what special children I do have and had they been here, I know they would have gone out of their way to decorate the house and make me a huge breakfast.

I did walk into the kitchen to a nice handmade Mother's Day card from GD#2. It's a king size card and held a message...look in the fridge for my gift. What did I find? I found a king size Reeses and a bottle of Diet Mt. Dew. I laughed at this, my kids know me very well. So regardless of the fact that I wasn't spoiled rotten this year, it's still going to be a great Mom's Day for me. Gardening, home with my family, cake and ice cream (to celebrate as a family) our daughter's 18th Birthday, which was on Friday, and just an all around feeling of love that eminates in this house...Thanks to my family.

As for all of the mom's out there in the cyber world????

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL MOM'S DAY AND TIME TO ENJOY THE PRECIOUS GIFTS THAT ARE OUR CHILDREN! Husband's/The fathers are just as precious, are responsible for teaching the kids what this day means to us moms so enjoy them too! Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: