Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wedding bliss at it's finest

We've been pretty occupied the last month or so. Of course most of it consumed with work, long walks, and homework. But the last week was one that has us worn out and looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend.

Our son B was asked to be in my Godson's/nephew's wedding quite a few months ago. I was overjoyed with this because this nephew is my favorite and I have to say, as close to a second son to me as any can get. His mama is my sunshine and I could never take her place nor would I even try! He's just that special to our entire family.

Anyway, about three weeks ago P got a call from my nephew and he asked P to be a groomsman because one of the others had to back out. P happily obliged. So we had already gone to get our boy's tux fitted, P needed his done and the girls and I needed outfits of course. So the last week was consumed with girl shopping that was agonizing but we managed to find what we needed.

I had the honor of being around when P and B donned their tuxes and oh my, did they look handsome. I can't tell how many times my eyes teared up with pride that day over my handsome men not to mention the groom. Even writing about it now my eyes are stinging. Seeing the two of them like that reminded me that I have some really great guys in my life who I adore and who adore me....**pitter-patter**

The wedding was a very unique and beautiful wedding. It took place in the reception hall so everyone was able to find their table and sit back and just enjoy. The wedding party walked down the aisle to Aerosmith's Walk This Way, the bride to my current favorite song, A Thousand Years. Our boy remembered to watch his pace and P remembered to take his hand out of his pocket and they walked with big smiles for all the flashes going on.

Our second oldest daughter was hired to be the photographer and I cannot wait to see her work. She is one very good photographer and was all over the place that night. But the photos are being held hostage until the bride and groom return from their honeymoon.

We got to bring our oldest daughter and her boy with us so we spent a lot of time with them. And I should say, our grandson was all decked out in a full suit, I'm sure I'll post that photo on my sidebar of my blog as some point...what a handsome little dude he was that night! Our youngest daughter and myself were just a couple of goofs all night! Not a single serious photo of her out of the 500 I got on my camera that night and only a couple of me which works just fine--I prefer to hide behind the camera!

At the end of the night we were all absolutely exhausted. Our boy and grandson fell asleep in the back seat of the car almost immediately and their heads were leaned towards each other..I couldn't resist, I had to get a photo of it and it turned out perfect! All in all it was a great night to be our family!

Then yesterday, I was unable to post because of homework....but that post is next so stay tuned...but for now, I must retire....it's late and I need to rest!

No comments: