Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Congratulations Mr. P

My hubby started this job he has in December of 2008...a very big step not to mention a very scary change. In the last 2 1/2 years he has excelled and done some really great things for the district he works at. Frankly, I am not at all surprised by that either. It hasn't come without stress, and aggravation though; his desk is constantly overflowing, his emails coming in faster than he can keep up....meetings galore and the list goes on.

The people he works with are very supportive, very encouraging, and very wonderful on so many levels. P's ideas are welcome with open minds, he is given more credit than he likes to accept, if he wants credit for something and asks, it is granted for his future resume. When our family is going through some tough times, the people who work there come through not only for P but for his entire family with more love and support than we know what to do with. They ask how I am doing, how the kids are doing...they send P home with messages for me. It's a whole new realm of the working world.

Being his wife, seeing the challenges he faces everyday, I have my days of frustration with many aspects of this job. The guy works his ass off--he's efficient, thorough, and precise in all that he does and sometimes I feel that credit should be given more than not.

Well...guess what? I was invited to an awards banquet last week by him--my man received an award for a web portal he created this past summer and I could not be more proud of him. He didn't want to even go even with all my protests and asked boss lady to just grab it for him but she would not hear of it! Thank her for that and for her lecture she gave him about taking these moments and enjoying them. The guy deserved it 110%. We went and had a really great time! Congratulations aplenty and even some telling me how nice it was that I was there for moral support. I have to say it's certainly different to hear from people I don't know how nice it is that I was present...the whole aura of this job and the people in it is really welcoming.

P will be less than pleased with me for calling attention to his achievement but oh well honey.....Every once in awhile in this life we all achieve something we should be recognized for even though we would rather just bury it in the mountains of work we do or pretend it's just another day. I guess P is not fortunate enough to be married to a woman who would grant him that wish! =o) Sorry babe but you make me proud and I am so honored to be married to a man that works so hard for his family!

Congratulations P for all your hard work!!!!!

No comments: