Sunday, January 02, 2011

A belated Happy New Year

I'm finally able to sit and relax a bit before we all dig into 'normal' again. New Years has been and gone, pretty uneventful for us this year. We took the kids bowling which was a lot of fun. We all could use some more of that considering how horrible we all played but lots of laughs were had. P and I came home, went out for a beer and then back home to watch the ball drop with the kids. Very quiet night.

Yesterday we took the kids shopping with their Christmas money and that was an all day event. Thank goodness we only had one girl to shop for. She had a heck of a time finding things she liked. We stopped at my mom's for lasagna dinner and also learned she now has a computer my brother gave her. That is the coolest thing! She's very afraid of it but has discovered she can swim in recipes but didn't get how to print them even after my brother showed her. So I got to sit her down and made her do it on her own, it's so cute to watch her with this foreign technology. She also had me write it down for her step by step so she could practice. I told her the next time I see her she will be a pro! LOL It will take her awhile I think to figure it out but that's ok, she has nothing but time these days. We finally got home from that very long day around 8:00...loooooong day.

P made us a prime rib dinner tonight! YUMMY! We thought instead of a Christmas meal we would bring in the New Year on a yummy note! P sure was excited about it because I certainly wasn't up to a second big meal and mess on Christmas day. And man, that guy cooks one mean prime rib. We just finished eating and again are paving our way into one of the last nights to relax before work and school start again. UGH!

I think the last few days have us all a bit sad because our vacation is coming to an end. School resumes tomorrow for the kids and myself. I won't dig in until Tuesday probably so I can enjoy the day with my man. We were going to rearrange the living room but are still unsure about that...it will be a big job. We'll probably just end up lazing around all day.

Anyway, since I didn't get the chance, I'm taking this moment to wish everyone a very Happy New Year and may it be everything you wish for! 2010 is now but a memory and one that has left our family spent from many ups and downs and new milestones. Here's hoping 2011 doesn't throw us nearly as many curve balls so we can catch our breath!

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

No comments: