Wednesday, August 26, 2009

school again, no work, life is moving right along

We got back from our vacation a couple weeks ago but haven't gotten our pictures back. When I do though you will see just how great of a week we had there.

Now it's back to the daily grind. I was laid off from my job at the school due to seniority....I've been expecting it since the whole budget thing in January but it still sucks. So I'm unemployed....and figured its time to get back into school.

I switched schools though. The one I've been going to has not been very helpful and the tutors seem to know less than I myself at times. I've attended workshops that are ok but are really lacking in professionalism. SO, I made a call to the University of Phoenix, explained everything that has gone on, all the family issues we've been dealing with the past year and the guy was pretty appalled at how I've been treated considering the circumstances. He told me that the U of Phoenix would have worked with me, would have helped me with my studies and done whatever they could to help me with my classwork etc. I actually know this is true because my Sunshine attends the on-line classes and they have been so good to her and helped her out so much.....

I found out yesterday that I've been accepted, am now enrolled, start my orientation today and class begins on Monday. I am very excited and looking forward to this again. I'm hoping to find just a part time job instead of full time because I want to dedicate a lot of my time to studies and getting my degree.

Summer is nearly over, my garden is just UGLY this year...very little production. Soccer season is done, vacation is done....we did manage a family trip to Valleyfair which was a blast. The kids an Pat all had a great time. We were there for about 10 hours and were very sore after but it was worth it. Our son had his first experiences on the rides because he's finally tall enough...he had more guts than I expected.

Pat's been busy at work...he's been on the TV news a few times and quoted in various articles in the newspapers and held interviews on different radio stations...there was what is believed to have been a tornado in the city he works in. Him and I were on the phone as the sirens were going off, after about a minute he thought it was a good idea to go seek shelter and hung up rather quickly because the wind was just horrible. He called me back shortly after and said he was coming home.....

So, he got home and no sooner sat down and got a phone call from work.....the middle school was hit by a tornado. Being the Community Relations Coordinator for the school district he had to go back to youngest daughter and I went with was sad and a mess at the school. Some of the neighborhoods had downed trees, there were buckled sidewalks, it was just a mess.

So, with that tornado came the media and all week last week was a whirlwind week. WCCO, KSTP, KMSP, they all have clips I'm sure. He's now on the other side of the interview ironic is that?

Anyway, have to go see an orthopedic surgeon today to see if I can get a ganglion cyst removed. It's been on my wrist for years and years but just recently seems to be irritating my entire arm and hand. The doc thinks it's sitting on a nerve which is causing some carpal tunnel as well...numb, tingly, achy....I hope I get the go ahead for surgery cuz this thing is really getting annoying.

Hope everyone is doing well....hope to get back here soon with some updated family vacation pics and do I have some fish tales to tell!!!! Have a great day all....

No comments: