Friday, January 02, 2009

Warning: If you don't want to read a rant, go no further

Here it comes:
Small children are especially susceptible to third-hand smoke exposure because they can inhale near, crawl and play on, or touch and mouth contaminated surfaces. Third-hand smoke can remain indoors even long after the smoking has stopped. Similar to low-level lead exposure, low levels of tobacco particulates have been associated with cognitive deficits among children, and the higher the exposure level, the lower the reading score. These findings underscore the possibility that even extremely low levels of these compounds may be neurotoxic and, according to the researchers, justify restricting all smoking in indoor areas inhabited by children. (emphasis mine)
The fingers of the crusaders are slowly reaching into the privacy of our homes; your homes. With each dumb study a part of YOUR freedom is being ripped away. Another smoking study released and surprise, now we have third hand smoke. Hm. At what point will fourth hand smoke come into play and fifth, and sixth, and suddenly global warming is the smokers fault?

Smoking is the blame for an eye twitch it seems! And if you don't smoke and develop said eye twitch, well, it's because that person with the eye twicth may have walked past a person who just put out a cigarette. (hypothetical) Give me a break!

For me to help the cause that I see infringing upon the rights of every single American? Nope, I'm a rebel..the more they push the longer I'll smoke. If I want to choose to die a horrible death, it's inevitable already because ALL my life I've been exposed to second hand smoke, third hand smoke and hey....FIRST HAND SMOKE. And I'm going to die anyway so really, why shouldn't I be able to live my life how I want to? How I choose? Who are any of these people who wouldn't offer up a damn dime to help me quit if I asked them too...they would then tell me that it was my fault that I started therefore they won't help because I made that stupid choice. Are they SERIOUSLY doing it because they care about people or are they just doing it for the feel of a power trip??????

Hello people, you may hate smokers, you may hate the smell, it may disgust you beyond disgust but OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE THIS FOR WHAT IT WILL BE!!!!! I don't give a damn if people CHOOSE to smoke in their homes, in their cars, on their deck, in their beds...I DON'T CARE. I don't HAVE to agree with the way people CHOOSE to live but the beauty of that is it is still my choice to disagree and I am FREE to simply WALK away if I don't like it. Is that not what feet are for?

Simply put: BUTT OUT! (No pun or inside meaning intended)

No comments: