Sunday, July 13, 2008

Whatever happened to discreet

Hey, it's been awhile since I've posted something that wasn't personal so I'm gonna give it a shot here. It will certainly be lacking my usual sarcasm and venom but hey, it's an attempt. So here goes:

Strip2clothe...interesting. A campaign geared towards young people encouraging them to post striptease acts on the web. Doubling interesting. And why? So they can get clothing donations for the homeless. Intriguing!

Wow, what a way to see young people in all their glory! Why does it seem like this world is geared towards naked young people? Girls gone Wild, the other night I saw an ad for Boys gone Wild, Abercrombe ads with butt cracks hanging out and the numerous other ads out there on the backs of magazines or even on the front.

Virgin Mobile and the National Network for Youth....these would be the nimrods who are the brains behind this scheme. Virgin...hmmmmmm, perhaps they should change the name of their company to something more along the lines of Mobile Perverts or something. National Network for Nude Youth should be the new name for this other messed up organization.

No, as I've said a million times, I am not a prude but this sort of thing is so................I just can't think of the word. I guess I'm getting old or something and find that the more I advocate for my kids to respect their bodies and that of others, I see their friends around and they are the complete opposite of what Pat and I teach our kids. Thankfully though, my kids are pretty conservative...well, more so than I've seen out there. They have their moments and get the glare and the go change those clothes if we feel it's crossing the line. But would I ever allow them to strip for a cause????? I really don't think that's even up for discussion.

And hey, if you really want to read some interesting takes on this....read the comments!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow, I only read a few and am disgusted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: