Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A small tribute to Heath Ledger



I received the call at work yesterday from Pat about the death of Heath Ledger. Knowing that I found him to be a good looking guy, and that I liked his acting, hubby thought to give me the news and it was like someone had come in and sucked the breath right out of me. No tears were shed, just a sadness that blanketed me for the next few hours.

So young, and he led a life that was rarely in the spotlight, an actor whom I admired for keeping himself low-key and out of the spot light. Which is why it came as such a shock.

While I didn't know him intimately, it's still very sad. I was sad when Phil Hartman was killed by his wife some years ago, when John Candy died I shed a few tears, when Chris Farley died it hit a particular spot in me. I balled my eyes out as I watched the funeral for Princess Diana. And there are others. Strange how the death of an actor/actress/celebrity figure can affect some.

This is my small contribution to his life. I am sad for his family, for his young child, and for his loss....it's just really a shame.

RIP Heath....and thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

No comments: