Saturday, October 20, 2007

Hey, If New York Wants them, let 'em have them

Apparently New York is trying to start a new trend? Let them have the illegals. If it means that much to them to make the illegals feel more welcome, then all the power to those wonderfully loving New Yorkers. BOO YAH!

You go NY...Oh, wait, it's the Governor. Perhaps he has plenty of room in the Governors mansion to house them too. If he thinks that New York is his alone then he best start making some room.

47% of democrats, his own party, oppose this move yet this Spitz character is completely ignoring their position and taking his own.

If this is what the dems are planning to do with our country, then it's a very scary day. Although most of us knew that the day the votes came in eh?

Of course this guy is blaming the "Rabid Right":

"The rabid right that wants to pile on and use this to demagogue the issue will not carry the day in New York state," he said recently. "Those who view this as a political issue once again are taking the state in the wrong direction."

I didn't realize that trying to protect our country was such a 'wrong' thing to do???? Apparently 9/11 means nothing to anyone anymore, although, with all the hatred and accusations that have been thrown around, has 9/11 affected any of those on the left?

The subject of Illegal Immigration has been a long standing issue and a problem in this country. I couldn't go to Europe and live there without a work visa, or being completely scrutinized at the airport. If we didn't pick up our baggage within 10 minutes of arrival, they would've taken it and confiscated it for their own safety. Security at Charles DeGalle was insane! But I respected that. I couldn't just walk into the DMV and obtain a drivers license or legal citizenship just because they believed I would improve their economy or simply because I needed one.

If I travel all over the country, illegally, then the repercussions should be serious! Not a slap on the wrist and a drivers license. What should cue this guy off, LOGICALLY is the word Illegal.

When exactly did the word illegal become such a dirty word in this country? It isn't a dirty word to me, it's just simply about what's right and what's wrong. We might as well just scrap that word and have a free-for-all country. One of mayhem and chaos with no rules. Kinda like Lord of the Flies. Hm.

I used to think that this was a great country but it seems that each day there's more being regulated, more being taken away from our own citizens, less respect and less forethought into the future of the decisions that are being made now. Perhaps it's just my negative mood right now but what I see coming in our future and that of our kids is pretty bleak.

I'm just in a snit tonight. Things like those that I've been reading for the last hour really make my blood boil. Forgive my negativity, it will pass I'm sure.

No comments: