Friday, March 16, 2007

Screw responsibility, promote promiscuity

So, let me get this straight. We should throw our hands up as parents and teach kids that sex is a beautiful thing no matter what age they are? According to this post, that is what I seem to be understanding.

Sex in Sixth Grade? OK in My Book.


I definately don't frequent the Huffington Post in my daily readings and this is a blaring reason why.

Back to the previous posts I've done on the sixth graders having sex in the classroom....

While some valid points are made about kids, curiosity, and rebellion in this woman's post, that is as far as I will go with agreeing with her.

Sex in my book is a big step for any person young or old. I guess in my eyes it's seen as a more serious way in which to show love and to commit to one person. Recreational sex is or never has been something that I saw as productive or good for my heart. I guess I was sheltered then or perhaps I am just one who sees it as a sacred act in life, in a relationship.

People today seem to think that sex should be treated like an experimentation one makes when trying a spinach dish for the first time or liver...ewww!

I don't believe that sex is dirty, nor do I think it's naughty. But when it comes to kids, it escalates emotions, it could possibly make them feel like objects. The emotional ramifications of sex are much larger then a simple stomach ache from that spinach dish.

Promote love and healthy sexual education in 11 and 12 year olds and then what if they get pregnant? Oh, that's right....abortion.

It's the mentality of this woman that makes me more responsible with my own kids. That makes me want to teach them that this sort of blathering by this woman is what is dangerous, naughty and dirty. I don't want my kids to have to see a shrink because they feel like peices of meat, because they let their physical aspect run them over the edge.

But this is just my own take on this...read this woman's article and correct me if I'm wrong.

No comments: