Monday, March 12, 2007

Are the previous reports just a bunch of hooey to scare you?


Isn't he so cute?! Gosh I just love polar bears but don't think I'd want to meet one on a floating berg! Next to the tiger, polar bears are my next favorite animal. I had a teddy-bear hamster when I was about 16 that was white with a black nose and black eyes...his name was Goober. He looked a lot like a very mini polar bear.

It appears that the polar bears are thriving according to this article. And that they also travel on these bergs that they were supposedly stranded on a few weeks ago. Heck, if I wanted a free ride what better way to go than the bergs!

Polar bears 'thriving as the Arctic warms up'

What is really interesting to read though is that these animals are thriving BECAUSE of human intervention. Conservationists. Again, this is in line with the whole global warming thingamabob but mostly just because I like to have pictures of cute animals here at this blog. Adds a little spice to things I think but also, it's a good article that should be noted in the big global warming debate about the demise of the polar bear.

Oh, and I would like to point out one other thing. Apparently if a person doesn't believe that the polar bears are dying off because of global warming, it's because we like to hunt bears. Just a little tid-bit you can find in this article. I would bet this person is also anti-gun.

No comments: