Thursday, September 07, 2006

This just makes my stomach hurt

Pat and I have an 11 year old daughter. She is so innocent, so naive, so clueless about some things. I clicked on this article, Complaint: 11-Year-Old Milwaukee Girl Gang-Raped By 15 To 20, at Drudge, not sure why, perhaps it was just the title of it and after I got done reading it, I felt very sick.

And rightly, what normal functioning human being wouldn't? The mere thought just makes me want to hurt someone.

What's worse is the ages of two of those charged with assault: 15 and 16 years old. And the 16 year old girl coached this poor little girl on which sex acts to perform! And up to 19 assailants? Geez....

Not only should there be serious repercussions for this but should there not also be some sort of investigation into the background of the kids that stood by coaching? Their family life? Into the 40-year old uncle of the 16 year old girl?

How will this 11-year old EVER recover from this? Her parents? The parents of all of those involved? How will these children ever forgive themselves for this?

No comments: