Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Decisions...

I've been sitting here for the last 2 1/2 hours reading news story after news story trying to find something to post...still, I have nothing. I've read about the mammogram issue, about a 5-year old girl who was sold by her mother to some prostitution ring, Obama this and that, celebrity news, Clint Eastwood in GQ--which I'll be purchasing btw--and various other things. What have I come up with? Absolutely nothing.

It's just one of those nights of blah. Sitting here in the family room with my hubby and two kids, all of us cracking jokes or making idle conversation, commenting on the horrendous Timex ad on MTV..it's REALLY suggestive and out of line and should be removed from tv...or simply throwing boxelder bugs at each other for the hell of it and to make one or the other go 'ewwwww'....just a relaxing evening.

It's one of those evenings where life is just that...life. Nothing horrible, nothing too terribly exciting. Of course, nothing new here, I've been battling some sort of stomach issue for the last 2 weeks so I'm pretty mellow and laying low. I've been pondering some changes in my life. School and my job.

First off, my schooling is going great. I got two A's in my first classes, I am now in my second block and settling in pretty nicely. All the writing I could do without since I just HATE writing for the sake of HAVING too...that rebellious side of me who never liked essay writing and research but it's going considerably smooth.

Anyway, for the last few weeks I've been thinking of changing my major from accounting to something in the counseling field. Pat thinks I should look into being a marriage counselor. I just don't know what to do...it will require quite a few more years of schooling....hate the fact that I got such a late start but as I like to say...there is a reason for everything...even this late start. So, that's been on my mind...

The second change is finding a different job. I love working at the school, working with the kids even though the idea of going everyday gets a bit irksome on some days...but...there is a small problem with this job that is weighing very heavy on me. My health. I have been home the last couple days sick again. I returned to work today only wishing I could come home and go back to bed because I was so fatigued and miserable. I was home a couple weeks ago for two days as well with the same sickness. Same thing that plagued me all last year and caused me to miss quite a bit of work...I have not felt 100% healthy for the last couple weeks with ups and downs of nausea and miserable stomach....

Kids require routine, someone they can rely on to be there for them. I can't provide that if I'm sick so much...and it's not something I can get medicine for, I have some but am not sure it's going to work...so far, nothing is improving.

I went back to work today and was bombarded with hugs and yells of my name and questions and excitement about the things the kids weren't able to tell me about while I was gone. I had a couple tell me they didn't like it when I was sick..the welcome back is always a bit overwhelming and really makes me feel like I make a difference. So I'm a bit frustrated and irritated.

The germs in the building are a bit more than I think my immune system is capable of handling...germ overload. This week we have strep going around, coughs again, colds, fevers, stomach stuff...it's just non stop. The first couple weeks of school are always so nice but after that, the remainder of the year is filled with a variety.. Hohum...

I've finally found something I think I can do after trying to settle in to life after daycare but my health is being compromised. It's a sad couple weeks for my mind and heart, not sure what I should do but it's becoming painfully clear what I might have to do....Decisions need to be made..

No comments: