Monday, September 28, 2009

Common cold medication panic

So I'm still battling this sickness...had to purchase a second round of Mucinex yesterday. Now I'm just waiting for the authorities to come banging down our door due to suspicious activity regarding cold medications!!!! This poor woman; makes Pat and I wonder what the laws are in our state...guess I better prepare for an arrest soon huh.....


I suppose while I'm here an update would be good...went to the doc on Thursday to have my lungs checked. Things weren't looking great on Wednesday night. While the fever was gone, the other symptoms were only getting worse. I think I may have actually hurt one of my ribs from coughing too hard....

There is no pneumonia but the doc fears I will be plagued with my cough for a few weeks. Soooo, she put me on ANOTHER steroid inhaler, so that brings me up to six different medications. I'm almost done with one of the steroids but am not confident that once they're gone this bug will go with it.

My head is still stuffy as an over-stuffed animal, my chest is still wheezy, and the fatigue still lingers like a bee to honey. I went back to work today and by noon I was walking around feeling like I was gonna keel over at any time. Seriously, this is not a good thing for me. I'm a busy person who hates being lazy and needy.

So overall, recovery is occurring but it's slow going. I hope I don't end up with a relapse...I just don't know that I could take this for much longer. And hey, if I have to go for round three of cold medications that could be serious trouble...

No comments: