Friday, July 04, 2008

God Bless America and those who have made it all possible

Man, it's pretty bad when I almost forget the password to put up a post at my blog! Ugh, cannot wait until this semester is over for school......it's been a tough one! Not so much the work but the AMOUNT of it!

Anyway, I wanted to put up a fourth of July post honoring our men and women who have sacrificed so much for what is INDEPENDENCE DAY! Thank you all old and young.

I saw a car today at work decorated with military things. While I didn't read them, one in particular caught my eye...I glanced at it and it was like I was meant to see it...ever have one of those moments? It was one of those yellow ribbon magnets and on it it said, "Keep my son safe". That just struck me and I began to wonder just how these many military families must feel on a day like today or memorial day. It saddened me a bit. I remember my sadness last summer when our daughter was at basic and my brother was preparing to leave for Kosovo....I remember tearing up when the anthem was being sung.

Please just keep them in your hearts and prayers. The many sacrifices that are made by the soldiers and their families are much larger than I will ever make in my life....They deserve our recognition every day of the year, not just days like this!

Ok, well, anyway....I do hope that everyone has a very happy and safe 4th this year. Pat has to work a bit tonight but hopefully we'll have a good time where we're going.


No comments: