Sunday, June 15, 2008

HAPPY DAD'S DAY

Hidyho...wow, it's definitely been a long time since I've left a post. I haven't forgot about my blog...just been way to busy to even breathe. I started my summer session of school. Four classes and in the first week, the school had to shut down the website for updates so homework has been PILED on for the last 2 weeks. They could have chosen a much better time to do these updates in my opinion but such is life I guess.

Also, our kids are knee deep in soccer right now. Both have 2 games per week, practice one to two days each week. Needless to say, I am tuckered. Our daughter's team...holy cow, they are in first place in their district! Woooohooooo!!!!! They are undefeated, 6 and 0. Our daughter scored her first go ever in traveling soccer so we are very proud and pleased. Pat is working his butt off as their coach to get the girls to state and he is achieving a lot. I'm very proud of him and his team.

Not much else to report. My brother will be home from Kosovo in a few short weeks, I am patiently awaiting his return. Haven't been able to talk much to his wife over the last few weeks and haven't sent him many emails but I do hope they know they are in my thoughts everyday. heck, I've barely been able to talk to my own husband and kids the last couple weeks and we all live in the same house....how does that work.

So, I have to go now, have a quiz to take and more homework, just wanted to put up a quick howdy do and oh...the main reason I'm here today is for this.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY ONE AND ALL YOU DAD's OUT THERE! I KNOW THAT BEING A DAD IS HARD WORK AND THAT MANY TIMES IT'S TAKEN FOR GRANTED. THAT SHOULDN'T BE THE CASE.
FOR YOU PATRICK, I COULDN'T HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER DAD FOR MY KIDS AND CHERISH EVERY MOMENT THAT I SPEND WATCHING YOU WITH THEM! THANKS HUN FOR BEING THERE.

And although my father is gone, it will never change the fact that he is my dad and always will be. All day today I felt like I was forgetting something...it was that yearly phone call that I made to him all those years. He is one of the big reasons I am who I am today, I miss him very much and only wish I could have one more moment with him, one more second to tell him how very much I love him. Thanks dad.

No comments: