Monday, February 04, 2008

Not much

Hey, I have an unexpected day off of work today due to a broken water main at my son's school...Part of me is excited, the other part not. Thank goodness for working on Sundays for now. So, I thought before I went off and ran the million errands that I need to run that I would put up some posts here and there.

Still the same old stuff going on. I watched the last 2 minutes of the SuperBowl (however you write it)last night while I finished up our tax stuff...What a nice catch that was! I don't know who it was I just know that was a beautiful catch! You know the one, the guy using his helmet to hang on to that football for dear life? Yeah, that one....

Pat went to work this morning with a shoe on one foot and a slipper on the other....Why? No, not because he couldn't find his other shoe but because he spilled some soup on himself on Saturday. It was freshly made, he turned to say something to me and 'SPLASH'. Needless to say, he's got a second degree burn on his ankle the size of a softball. An angry red wound that looks quite painful. The soup spilled, he jumped up, ran to a different area of the room, whipped off his jeans and sock and it had already blistered and broke open. All of this took less then 10 seconds. It's amazing how quickly something like that happens and even now I cringe at the thought of him and how that must have felt as well as my boy when he was burned on the shoulder. Ouch!

Life has been pretty uneventful this past week or so. It's nice when it's quiet but part of me sits and waits for that bomb to drop! I guess the pessimist in me won't allow for me to look forward to smooth sailing because in the past, well, we all know what smooth sailing has been like for us...rough waters more then not.

I heard that the groundhog saw its shadow which means six more weeks of winter. Where did that come from? I mean the whole groundhog thing? I know, I could google the history of it and find that answer but I'm just too lazy and too limited in my time. I have to use my spare time in the most efficient way possible. LOL

Anyway, with my day off, I have a million things to do....nice day off but at least I don't have to cram it all in before and after school tonight so there is a hidden blessing there. Although I just saw something in the local paper about snow....hm, I'm going to have to look more into that. The road to school is one of those that is not usually first to be plowed so if it's snowing chances of me driving are pretty slim.....we'll have to see....

No comments: