Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Well, it's Valentine's Day... as my regular readers know, it's a special day for me. One of my favorites. Hubby is at the courthouse right now hearing the verdict from a murder trial. The first in our county in YEARS. It went amazingly fast, only lasting 4 days. Pat was there all 4 days and was really finding it interesting and of course the paper he writes for is receiving minute by minute coverage...or so it seems. During lunch breaks, soon after he arrives home, etc...you can read about it here.

The murder was pretty brutal, a man shot another man in the head at point blank range. Pat showed me the house last summer and I saw it again a couple weeks ago while out on an errand. It's kind of creepy to look at a house and imagine a murder taking place. Sends chills up my spine.

Anyway, I'm really hoping he finishes things up early enough for us to go have a quick dinner or something. It was 23 years ago today that we started dating...sometimes it seems like only yesterday. But when I look at him and I, our four kids, I have to realize that hey, we're not those two kids that met all those years ago, we have mini-me's running circles around us now and much has changed and has been learned.....

Anyway, to all of you out there, I do hope you have a great Valentine's Day and that you have someone special to share it with.

No comments: