Thursday, January 10, 2008

Time is almost up

Eeeks, I have to get back to school next week already! But has the break been great! I'm looking forward to this semester. Call me crazy but it's true. I have to go and order my books tomorrow. Some of them are not in stock but I do hope I get them in time for my class on Monday night. I'll be attending my math class on Mondays and Wednesdays. That will be nice and I do hope that it decreases the amount of time I have to spend on homework otherwise.

I've been sitting here trying to figure our my DARS (Degree Audit Report) What I'm going to school for seems to be a 2-year program but how in the heck am I supposed to get 64 credits only going to school part time! Since I failed TWO classes last semester....both of them financial classes, one was a prerequisite of the one that I tried so hard in but to no avail...I'm already behind. Then again, I was behind long before I got started.

Oh well, maybe next time I talk to a counselor I'll get one that will know something. The last one I spoke with, well, she was even more clueless then I was! No help at all. I probably took courses that were beyond my learning ability. Maybe I'll try the on-line people, they seem to be more savvy.

My new job is going well. I'm still practicing case studies (mock taxes) but sooner or later I'll have to dive in and do an actual person's taxes. That moment almost came today...but I asked if I could sit in and watch. I've got the program figured out and know that I can do a person's taxes but it's the initial toe in that will be hard. I've always been like this....horribly nervous, shy, lack of confidence, and an all around feeling of being boxed in. I worry about the presentation...all the things I have to explain, the various loan programs, the Emerald card.....but I know...if I just step up and do ONE the next one will be a cinch! Maybe tomorrow after I pick up my books!

Anyway, my days of posting regularly are probably coming to a close...damn, I was just getting into it again and it did feel good to write! Funny how it relieves the stress.

But, be prepared for more to come in the next few days...in fact there'll be one following this post.

No comments: