Saturday, November 10, 2007

Hello? Is anyone there?????

Man, it seems like an eternity since I've sat down at this computer just for fun. I've shed a few tears the last couple weeks due to being overwhelmed with work, school and just life in general. I have felt like I've been on overload and there just isn't enough time in a day or enough of me to spread around to my family, my school work and my job. Ugh.

Needless to say, I'm taking a few moments today to write before I dig into my homework again. I was terrified in the beginning of this whole school thing that I wouldn't be committed enough. Whoa, was I wrong. No problems there, let me tell ya. Hubby is feeling neglected, the kids are struggling to let me alone while I study...I cannot wait until the term ends in December. I'll get a couple weeks off to breathe and collect my personal life.

I've already enrolled for my next term but only in two classes. Since I bombed the math portion on my accuplacer test, I have to learn algebra all over again. Oh well, it'll be good for me. I'll be actually attending school for that class two nights a week and I hope that in doing so it will decrease the amount of study I need to do at home but we'll see.

My second class makes me a little nervous....Economics. Reading what that class involves makes me wonder just how into it I'll be. All the stuff I really hated in high school. I really hope it won't be so bad. But we'll see. I'm still failing miserably in my finance class so I am resigned to the fact that I have to retake that one. I've made the decision that perhaps attending it in person would be best in this instance since I have so much confusion going on.

The family is doing great aside from all the above. I took Soldier Girl's senior pictures...I'm very please with them as is she. Hard to believe she'll be graduating this year. We never see her anymore since she turned 18 last month...already. Seems like just yesterday she was toddling around her telling us how old she is or asking us for 'airmapes' i,e,. airplane rides.

I also finished taking pics of the other 3 kids and again, am surprised at just how well I did with them this year. Although I attribute most of that to the subjects. Sorry but my kids are very beautiful...as a biased mom of course...and my son is so very handsome. Although I think I've rediscovered my love of taking pictures all over again. Something I haven't really done in years. The love left a few years back when I felt so trapped in this house with daycare....

Our third daughter went to her very first Vikings Game last week. She loved every second of it and Pat got a great shot of her in the dome. You can find that here. Great shot.

Work....ahhhhh, that horrible word. My job has been a huge stress for me as of late. I put in over 50 hours a couple weeks ago, another 40+ last week and was scheduled to work and 8 day run from yesterday (Friday) all the way through next Friday. I don't know if the mgr. realized she had scheduled me all those days but in calculating it, I would have had to work 64+ hours straight....physically, I just can't do it. I'm exhausted, overwhelmed, and am tired of cleaning up after the morons that can't seem to even do their work. In the last three weeks, I have had 4 days off to relax....there is no time to relax for me. As luck would have it, mgr. lady offered to let me have Wednesday off...thank goodness. I don't think she was all too happy about it but fooey to her!!!! I am not super human nor am I a puppet. Sorry, touchy subject for me.....

Anyway, now that I've complained, whined and put up a boring post, I must go. Pat and I are going to take some time and go out to dinner. First time in awhile...Some time together will be nice, it's been awhile.
So on that note....I will eat well, cherish my moments with my man and then come home and do more homework! LOL

Hope everyone is well out there in cyberspace.....

No comments: