Sunday, September 02, 2007

Wednesday Hero One Year Anniversary

I'm a couple of days late with this post but it warrants a mention. September 1st marked the 1-year anniversary of Wednesday Heros. Kathi of Mail Call has a beautiful slide show that includes all those who have been honored in this. Indian Chris from Right Wing & Right Minded is the man who runs this whole show. And he deserves all the kudos anyone can give him for his dedication to this project as well as all the work he's done and all the headaches he may have had over it.

I don't know when I became a member of Wednesday Hero's blogroll but it's one thing that I'm really honored to be a part of and one thing that I feel terrible about if I don't do my part for the memories of these soldiers and their families and friends.

I'm not really one to follow through with things, I have a hard time staying focused and remembering things but in the instance of this blogroll, there is a certain amount of guilt that I'm not doing my part if I forget to post or if I'm late with it. I just want to kick myself for it.

My own dedication to this has been enourmous. I guess my gratefullness for those who have lost in this goes beyond anything I may be able to give in return. So many young lives, older ones...all given selflessly and with courage.

I want to publically thank Indian Chris for his hard work, for taking the time to change some lives, and mostly for the support for the families of these soldiers who have loved and lost. When one is lost, there are still those left behind who need to know that they are not forgotten and that their loved ones are acknowledged by those of us who never knew them.

It's been an honor and thanks again....

No comments: